Friday, April 17, 2009

High Museum - Terra Cotta Army



The High Museum of Art currently has China's Terracotta Army exhibit. It is so fascinating. I know, without a doubt, that I will never, ever get to China to see the site in real life. I wanted to be an archaeologist when I was younger but decided I could make a better living if I chose a business major (while that part is true, part of me wonders what it would be like to have studied my first love).

It was so amazing to see these life size figures in person - the detail is just incredible - they each have their own personality, different hairstyles, different clothing - different heights, body build up, etc. It is just hard for me to comprehend that these were made by hand, that they have been around before Jesus was even born - wow ! It is hard to really capture that in my mind.

I am so glad I went to this exhibit. Sadly, if you haven't gone yet, you probably won't have a chance to - the last day is Sunday and then it moves on to another lucky city's museum.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing exhibit and great photos. Can't wait to see more. I'm glad you got to go while it was here.

    ReplyDelete