Thursday, January 1, 2009

01.01.09 - Gorillas in the Mist (of Atlanta)

I've been inspired by one of my favorite blogs - Paris Daily Photo to start my own daily photo blog. While Paris is probably one of the most beautiful cities in the world, I believe that my own town of Atlanta is quite an interesting and photogenic city too. So I thought I might give it a shot. Not sure if I will be able to keep this up for a whole year (which is my goal), but I will give it a try.

First up... a GORILLA. You may be wondering what a gorilla is doing in Atlanta. Well, it just happens to be one of my favorite photos that I took at Zoo Atlanta. I was fortunate enough to have a chance to go behind the scenes there and was literally maybe 10 feet from this gorilla when I took the picture (we were separated by a very, very deep trench) - he seemed quite interested in having his picture made. Zoo Atlanta has made a lot of improvements over the years and is really a wonderful place to spend the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment