Thursday, January 8, 2009

57th Fighter Group



These army jeeps were a big part of my inspiration in starting this blog. I drive by them a few times a week and keep saying to my self "I need to take pictures of that".

They are silently parked in front of the 57th Fighter Group, which was a wonderful restaurant that was one of those little tucked away places, that many locals frequented. It was near Peachtree-Dekalb airport and at certain tables, you could sit near the window and see the planes take off and land. They had the BEST beer-cheese soup in the entire world.

You will notice I am using past tense. Yes, sadly this wonderful Atlanta restaurant, which looked like a WWII bunker (complete with sandbags and war memorabilia closed in Dec 2006. I wish I could have taken so pics of the restaurant but it is fenced off. At least the jeeps are still sitting out front. I miss this place - they had the best Sunday brunch in town.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure this is reopening??? That would be AWESOME, though I'm worried that it won't have the same feel as I think they auctioned off all of the memorabilia...

    ReplyDelete