Thursday, February 12, 2009

Old Glory & Friend

It is quite a windy day today - the flags are flapping in the breeze like crazy! I love the way these flags stand out against the glass building. Nothing can make my heart fill with joy like seeing the American flag waving high and proud. The Georgia flag is nice too but when I see it, I still see all the controversy surrounding it. Georgia had a state flag from that flew overhead for 45 years, the one before that flew for 36 years. But within the past 8 years, we have had 3 different flags. The one we had until 2001 had part of the confederate flag on it. The one that flew briefly from 2001 - 2003 was blue, had the state seal and had at the bottom kind of like little thumbnails - all the flags that flew over GA, which included the one that had part of the confederate flag on it. People were still not happy (that was a particulary unattractive flag, I must say) - so this flag was born. It is okay - nothing to exciting about it but I like it alright.

But the American flag is and always will be such a beauty to behold - the most beautiful thing that we all see, each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment