Sunday, February 22, 2009

North Avenue Presbyterian Church

You know, I have always loved this church. It sits on Peachtree City in the heart of the city and is made of Stone Mountain granite. It was built in the late 1800s so it is one of those rare old buildings that remain (Atlanta just loves to tear down beautiful buildings and build newer things - such a shame) but thank the Lord this church is still there. I always loved driving by it and I remember one day in 1994 when I was going through a really rough time and I saw a passage on the side of this church that gave me such a sense of inner peace (but that posting is for another day).

Little did I know way back then that I would one day be a member of this church. I visited once in early 2002 to see Dr. Scott Weimer preach (since I had seen him before at Clairmont Pres. and heard he was now at North Ave.) - the moment I walked in, I felt like I already knew everyone and it was then I realized that after years and years of searching, I had finally found a church home. If you live in Atlanta or are ever in town visiting, please come visit us.

You may see more pictures of NAPC as this blog progresses, since I am there every Sunday and almost every Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment